Handling many patrons at the same time
At some point, you may want to send the same message to a number of patrons, edit the same piece of information for many patrons, or delete several patrons. This is possible using patron bulk handling operations. You can also select several patrons and export patron data to a CSV file, to share with others or work with the data further on your own.
Only users with patron bulk permissions have access to bulk operations functionality:
Bulk handling/Patrons: Bulk menu permission: Access to the section where several patrons can be handled in one operation
Bulk handling/Patrons: Bulk messages permission: Access to the Send messages button on the Patrons tab
Bulk handling/Patrons: Bulk modify permission: Access to the Change data button on the Patrons tab
Bulk handling/Patrons: Bulk delete permission: Access to the Delete patrons button on the Patrons tab
Selecting patrons for bulk handling
You can select patrons for bulk handling either by searching or by filtering.
- Select Patron in the main menu.
- Click the Patrons tab.
- Either enter a search query such as name or address and press Enter, or use the filtering options under Refine search and click Search.
You can also combine searching and filtering to narrow down the hits.
- In the list of all matching patrons, click the top check box to select all the patrons in the list, or select a few of the patrons that you want to handle.
Patron bulk messages
- After having selected the patrons you want to contact, click Send messages.
- Select email or SMS.
- Fill in the subject and message text if you selected email, and message text if you selected SMS. You can use variables in the text if you want to personalize your messages, e.g. insert the patron first name in the message.
- Click Send and then confirm your action.
You will see a confirmation of sent messages and information if there were messages that could not be sent.
Changing data for many patrons at the same time
You can bulk change the following settings:
- Patron category
- Pick-up branch
- Permission to use self-service library
- Custom fields (if used)
- School and Class (if School has been enabled for the current branch)
- After having selected the patrons you want to handle, click Change data.
- Select which settings you want to change and click Change.
- Confirm your action.
Exporting patron data to a CSV file
- After having selected the patrons for whom you want to export patron data, click Download as CSV.
A CSV file is created in your Downloads folder.
Deleting many patrons at the same time
You cannot delete patrons that have items on loan, reservations, debts or unpaid bills, or patrons that are guarantors for other patrons.
- After having selected the patrons you want to handle, click Delete patrons.
- Confirm your action.
You get a confirmation of how many patrons were deleted and of how many patrons that could not be deleted.