Handling many items at the same time
At some point, you may want to edit the same piece of information for many items. This is possible using an item bulk handling operation. You can also select several items and export item data to a CSV file, to share with others or work with the data further on your own.
Only users with item bulk permissions have access to bulk operations functionality:
Bulk handling/Items: Bulk menu permission: Access to the section where several items can be handled in one operation
Bulk handling/Items: Bulk modify permission: Access to the Change data button on the Items tab
Bulk handling/Items: Bulk delete permission: Access to the Delete items button on the Items tab
Selecting items for bulk handling
You can select items for bulk handling either by searching or by filtering.
- Go to the Collections section in the main menu.
- Click the Items tab.
- Either enter a search query such as title or creator and press Enter, or use the filtering options under Refine search and click Search.
You can also combine searching and filtering to narrow down the hits.
- In the list of all matching items, click the top check box to select all the items in the list, or select a few of the items that you want to handle.
You can select the Scan items option to scan one or several items, get them in your list and then handle them at the same way as when you search and filter for items.
Changing data for many items at the same time
You can bulk change the following settings:
- Item type
- Shelf - item
For each field you can change value, leave as is and in some cases clear current value (department, section and item type). If you change organisation, the default choice for department/section will be Clear value. New values must be selected if wanted.
- After having selected the items you want to handle, click Change data.
- Select which settings you want to change and click Change.
- Confirm your action.
Exporting item data to a CSV file
- After having selected the items that you want to export, click Download as CSV.
A CSV file is created in your Downloads folder.
Deleting many items at the same time
You cannot delete items that are on loan, have reservations, debts or unpaid bills.
- After having selected the items you want to handle, click Delete items.
- Confirm your action.
You get a confirmation of how many items were deleted and of how many items that could not be deleted.